Podiatrist is a health care professional who is trained to assess, diagnose & manage conditions and problems of the foot, ankle and lower limb.The podiatry services we offer include:
- Sporting Injuries
- Nail & Skin Care
- Heel Pain
- Children’s Feet
- Biomechanical Assessments
To make a booking for one of our services please navigate to the bookings page located here.
Contact Freedom Sports Medicine Today!
To get in touch with one of our staff members please call (03) 8838 2882 or email us using the contact form on the right. alternatively you can come visit us on site. We are located next to Maroondah hospital at Suite 2-3, 14 Manchester Road, Mooroolbark, 3138
Do You Need A Podiatrist In Lilydale Or Beyond?
Freedom Sports Medicine offer you the opportunity to live your active life, pain-free. With a range of treatment options from podiatry to physiotherapy in Lilydale and beyond, you can get the help you need from our specialist team.
We pride ourselves on being able to not only treat pain and inflammation expertly, but also to help you understand how to maintain an active lifestyle and avoid coming back to see us. This ‘whole-person’ approach allows us to understand you, your goals, the causes of your pain and stiffness, and works to find a way to improve your outcome even away from the treatment room.
For those who suffer from a wide range of lower limb, foot, and ankle problems, finding a qualified podiatrist in Lilydale can make such a difference to quality of life, activity levels and overall health, both physical and mental. Being able to return to the active lifestyle you enjoy has so many benefits!
Why Choose Freedom Sports Medicine For Podiatry Treatments Near Lilydale
Although we offer state-of-the-art treatment rooms, thorough and focused treatments, and step-by-step guidance, the service we offer is not all about what happens in the consultation room. When we begin to work with you, your Lilydale’s podiatrist will go through some information and questions with you, to help you understand your pain and how you can overcome it.
This means we will get to know what your goals are, and what results you need to attain those goals. We will find out what is wrong, what has caused it, and what the impact is on your daily life. We will then discuss roadblocks and find out what is stopping you from getting to that goal – with an idea of timeline, and how you can help yourself at home.
We live our values of Empower, Educate and Enhance; making it possible for you to continue to develop even away from the consultation.
Podiatry in Lilydale – How Can We Help?
Depending on your symptoms and causes, your podiatrist near Lilydale can offer a combination of the following – and more:
- Manual Therapy – hands-on treatment to reduce tension, stiffness, and pain, improve muscle function and range of motion.
- Exercise Prescription – specific exercises to take ownership of your success at home, leading to long-term, sustainable changes for life.
- Custom Orthotics – using the latest technology in 3D scanners, we can create orthotics that align the foot and ankle to the most anatomically efficient position to reduce pain.
- Biomechanical and Video Gait Analysis – providing real time feedback on how you move is an important method of solving problems and achieving goals
- Cam Boot Fitting – commonly known as the ‘Moon Boot’, Cam Boots aid in the recovery of foot and ankle injuries – to be useful, they need to be fitted correctly.
- Shockwave – this treatment promotes a healing response and is great for tendon-related injuries and as an alternative to cortisone injections.
- Dry Needling – acupuncture needles target trigger points to release tight muscles and can restore range of motion and reduce pain.
- Prolotherapy – this injection stimulates an inflammatory response in painful areas, depositing new fibres and encouraging repair for tissue healing and increased strength.
- Paraffin Wax Bath – this moisturising treatment is an effective way of getting deep heat to painful and stiff areas, perfect for muscle fatigue, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and skin conditions.
- Diabetes Assessments and Risk Management – we monitor the health of your feet in yearly or 6-10-week check-ups.
- General Care – treating skin conditions like corns, toenail issues like ingrowing toenails, and solving problems like flat foot or claw toe.
Whatever you need podiatry in Lilydale, Freedom Sports Medicine will find the right way to get you back to the active lifestyle you love.
Based in our center of physiotherapy in Ringwood, on Route 34, we provide our services to all of the other suburbs nearby. So take the first step to feeling better and book your appointment today.