As Physiotherapists are health and movement experts, in our Pilates sessions we apply the very latest medical research and combine guided exercise with hands-on Physiotherapy techniques.
Maybe you are sick of neck, back or hip pain and want to finally be free of this?
Or you need to improve your core strength for athletic performance?
Or you are pre or post-natal and want safe and effective way to support your baby and you.
Pilates is the preferred method for strengthening vital core muscles, particularly around the spine, hips, buttock and shoulder.
Your body has a better frame and base to work from. You perform better in sport.
You remain injury free. You move freely and become the best version of you.
Clinical Pilates at Freedom Sports Medicine.
If you are interested in improving your core strength and maximising the impact of your fitness, then clinical Pilates from Freedom Sports Medicine could be your secret weapon.
Freedom Sports Medicine is the home of physiotherapy, myotherapy, podiatry and strength training in Melbourne. With over 60 years of combined experience, our staff are here to help you reach your goals whether you are an elite athlete or simply wanting to move better and more effectively.
Clinical Pilates is an important part of our exercise prescription and in conjunction with more traditional physiotherapy techniques and a personalised plan of action, we can help you live your life without pain or stiffness.
How Can Clinical Pilates Help Me?
If you have attended a class of clinical Pilates or elsewhere before, then you will already be aware of the benefits that a great session can have for strength and balance. However, if you are new to Pilates, the techniques may seem to be strange and removed from what you might expect from a physiotherapy clinic. We are based throughout Melbourne including clinical Pilates in Ringwood.
With the smallest class sizes in Ringwood and 19 years of Industry Experience you will achieve the peak performance and care you deserve
We offer a range of Clinical Pilates options for you, each individually tailored and Physio guided to address your healthcare needs.
- Muscle Strength and Conditioning
- Cardio Training
- Balance and Proprioception
- Postural Retraining, core and pelvic floor retraining exercises
- Pregnancy support
- 1:1 or group sessions
What to expect in your program?
- Detailed initial assessmentto tailor your program
- Specialist Physiotherapistwith extensive knowledge and training
- Goal-orientated and individual program specific to you
- Continual monitoring of progressionand reassessment performed throughout the program period.
- Small classes, with a maximum of three participants. This allows for high levels of 1:1 interaction
Problems we solve
- Neck, hip and back pain
- Pre and post natal support
- Reduced core control
- Pelvic floor issues
- Postural concerns
- Women’s health
- Athletic performance
- Rehabilitation of injuries
- Increasing flexibility
- Improving muscle tone—particularly of abdominal muscles, lower back, hips and buttocks
- Weight reduction through safe exercise regimes
- Correction of body mechanics
- Strengthening core muscles
- Enhancing muscular control
- Improving coordination and balance
- Balancing muscular strength on both sides of your body